Hello there, culinary adventurer! Are you ready to transform your Weber Q BBQ Grill into a veritable Italian pizzeria? Let's embark on this gastronomic journey together.
Firstly, you'll need a pizza stone. This isn't just a fancy accessory, it's a crucial tool for achieving that perfect, crispy crust. Preheat your Weber Q with the pizza stone inside, aiming for a temperature of around 500°F (260°C). Remember, we're emulating a traditional wood-fired pizza oven here, so don't be shy with the heat.
While your grill is heating up, let's prepare the pizza dough. Combine warm water and yeast, letting it sit until it becomes frothy, a clear sign that the yeast is alive and ready to work its magic. Next, incorporate flour and salt, mixing until you achieve a smooth, elastic dough. If it's too sticky, add a bit more flour; too dry, add a bit more water. The goal is a dough that's pliable and soft, yet not overly sticky.
Cover your dough and let it rise until it has doubled in size. This is the yeast doing its job, creating those lovely air pockets that will give your pizza crust its characteristic chewiness.
Now, onto the toppings. Here, the world is your oyster. Traditional Margherita? Classic Pepperoni? Or perhaps something more adventurous like BBQ Chicken? Whatever you choose, remember that less is more. Overloading your pizza can result in a soggy crust and uneven cooking.
Roll out your dough on a floured surface, aiming for a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Transfer it onto a pizza peel or an inverted baking sheet dusted with flour or cornmeal. Apply your sauce and toppings, leaving a small border for the crust.
Now, the moment of truth. Carefully slide your pizza onto the preheated stone in your Weber Q. Close the lid and let the grill work its magic. After about 10-15 minutes, your pizza should be ready, with a beautifully browned crust and bubbling, golden cheese.
There you have it, a perfectly cooked pizza, courtesy of your Weber Q BBQ Grill.
- 1 packet of yeast
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pizza sauce of your choice
- Cheese and toppings of your choice
- Preheat your Weber Q BBQ Grill with a pizza stone inside to 500°F (260°C).
- Combine warm water and yeast and let sit until frothy.
- Add flour and salt, and mix to form a smooth, elastic dough.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Apply sauce and toppings, leaving a border for the crust.
- Slide pizza onto the preheated stone in the grill.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until crust is browned and cheese is bubbling.
- Enjoy your homemade, grill-cooked pizza.